Transforming Music Community Ecosystems:
Globally. Locally. Together.
April 21 – 23, 2021
We are “bringing the band back together” to regroup on where we are going for 2021 and beyond April 2021. Before and after these sessions, we also are going to be sharing stories from cities and countries around the world in how the crisis has pushed change and transformation — on this site and in our newsletter.
We welcome you to attend, participate, and share your stories of challenge and success in these world-shifting times.
Did you miss out on the Amplify Music 2020 Virtual Conference in April? Watch our compilation video below for highlights and follow the links to the full 2020 conference session videos above.
Tentative Topics for 2021
Day 1: “Expanding Music in 2021”
- 2021: Continuing What Worked
- Explosion of Streaming TV and Music Virtual Production
- The Where and Who of Live Music in 2021
- The Virtual Where: Livestreaming, Gaming, and New Experiences in 2021
- Community and Creative Identity in a post-WFH era – Radio as Connective Tissue in a Hybrid World
- Government Action/Inaction Across the Globe
- Cities and Regions Working Together for 2021
Day 2: “Community, Artist, and Emotional Impacts”
- Rebuilding Arts Organizations in 2021
- Music Education — The Intertwining of Educational Disruption and Music Disruption
- Relocation: Transformations of City Centers and Suburbs
- Whose Music Industries in 2021?
- Streaming — Composing and Creating Into the Social Vacuum
- Financial Bets 2021: Closing, Buying Up, Investing in Music
- Negotiating 2021: Contracts, Insurance, Instability
- Youth/Fans — Where They See 2021 Ahead
- Mental Health of Music Industry
- Music in Civic and Emotional Recovery
- Broken Puzzle Pieces — Ways to Rebuild Community
- Be Present Everywhere 2021 — Where Organizations and Leaders are Taking the Year Ahead
Day 3: “Reimagining 2022-2025”
- FuturesCasting – Where Do We Want to Go?
- Rethinking Space: Futures of Live Events
- Rethinking Space: Changing Roles of Real Estate and Single Purpose Spaces
- Rethinking Social Safety Nets and Shared Support
- Rethinking Music Jobs
- Rethinking Music Tourism
- Rethinking Nightlife
- Rethinking Organizing – New Ways of OrganizingBetween and Within Music Industries
- Rethinking – Changing Roles of Music in Media and Civil Society
- Imagining Together 2025 – World Cafe Roundtables