Transforming Music Community Ecosystems:
Globally. Locally. Together.
April 21 – 23, 2021
To continue the conversations that the conference started, we also are going to be sharing Community Sessions stories from cities and countries around the world in how the crisis has pushed change and transformation — on this site and in our newsletter.
Thank you to those who attended, participated, and shared your stories of challenge and success in these world-shifting times.
Conference Session Topics
Day 1: “Expanding Music in 2021”
- 2021: Continuing What Worked
- Explosion of Streaming TV and Music Virtual Production
- The Where and Who of Live Music in 2021
- The Virtual Where: Livestreaming, Gaming, and New Experiences in 2021
- Community and Creative Identity in a post-WFH era – Radio as Connective Tissue in a Hybrid World
- Government Action/Inaction Across the Globe
- Cities and Regions Working Together for 2021
Day 2: “Community, Artist, and Emotional Impacts”
- Rebuilding Arts Organizations in 2021
- Music Education — The Intertwining of Educational Disruption and Music Disruption
- Relocation: Transformations of City Centers and Suburbs
- Whose Music Industries in 2021?
- Streaming — Composing and Creating Into the Social Vacuum
- How Artists Make Money in 2021/2022
- Youth/Fans — Where They See 2021 Ahead
- Mental Health of Music Industry
- Music in Civic and Emotional Recovery
- Broken Puzzle Pieces — Ways to Rebuild Community
- Be Present Everywhere 2021 — Where Organizations and Leaders are Taking the Year Ahead
Day 3: “Reimagining 2022-2025”
- FuturesCasting – Where Do We Want to Go?
- Rethinking Space: Futures of Live Events
- Rethinking Space: Changing Roles of Real Estate and Single Purpose Spaces
- Rethinking Social Safety Nets and Shared Support
- Rethinking Music Jobs
- Rethinking Music Tourism
- Rethinking Nightlife
- Rethinking Organizing – New Ways of OrganizingBetween and Within Music Industries
- Rethinking – Changing Roles of Music in Media and Civil Society